Friday, June 24, 2011

What I Ate Today













I have lots of nieces, but only one of them has red hair and she is the one getting married this weekend. I've always liked the groom, but today I found out that his whole family is just as nice as he is, (and that includes a group of friends that are as close as family to them). What a lovely weekend this is turning out to be. Since the weddings is taking place in Sacramento, I am getting a chance to eat at a few of the places featured on the Food Network's quirky show, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, with my sister Claire and her husband John. (Yes, he is smiling - for him that is an exceptionally good smile, 30 years of teaching high school band has taken a slight toll.) We all ate at the Squeeze-In and had their famous burgers with the cheese skirt. Here you can see them both ways, with the cheese skirt framing the patty and with the cheese skirt folder up under the bun showing the browned and crunchy underside. Disclaimer: These are not actually my burgers. I had planned on photographing my burger before eating it, but heck, I looked down at one point and realized that I had eaten the whole thing without even thinking of my camera. My sister dared me to ask someone else to let me photograph their burger. No problem. One patron even told me to wait while he staged the burgers just right. Then they said, "Bye Bye Oklahoma" to me as I left. I'll be back someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment