Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cards For Summer




The Sushi set from Amuse is so cute. I colored the Kimono and fan with colored pencils and used Copics for the sushi. My favorite part of this card is the Laurel CornerAdorner CardCreator punch from EK Success. While I think the sentiment is perfect, I wish I had mounted it with a little more color.







I loved the sentiment from Twisted Two, "It's a straight from the carton kind of day". I didn't think it would take two weeks to get here; and when I couldn't wait any longer, I used the "Here's the Scoop" which was part (and the name) of the original set. I used Copics for the picture and punched the ovals with Nestibilities. How did we ever get along without them! I used a Fiskar' Tiny Flowers embossing plate on the pink. It echoes the flowers on the chair rather nicely.





Who doesn't like Amuse's great new summer stamp, Snorkel boy? (Although I don't see any evidence of a snorkel.) I colored him in with Copics and cut him out. I punched a palm tree with one of my oldest punches - no brand name on it anywhere, and glued it under the edge of Amuse's great new gingham paper edged with Fiskars' Boundary Waters punch. I also added bubbles to the water with EK Success Swiss Cheese border punch. I punched a sun out of the Amuse yellow gingham paper and think I will have to add it to the sky. The sentiment is an old Amuse one.

No comments:

Post a Comment