Wednesday, August 1, 2012

West Coast Native Brings Hawaiian Shirt Friday To Oklahoma

John has made it his mission to convert his office to Hawaiian Shirt Friday.  So far, I have found the Goodwill to be the best spot to locate $2 shirts, but was a little short on women's.  Then I visited Catherine in rural Oklahoma and after a yummy Thai lunch, (she treated, for my birthday!) (Thanks, Catherine!) checked out a couple of stores with her.  I found 5 women's Hawaiian shirts and 4 men's.  And had some laughs at a lot of "blast from the past" fashions - some of which we both admitted to having worn.  Mainly because of their job appropriateness.  Plenty more to say, but it's been a big day and I don't think I'll be awake much longer.  Could have put up some pictures of those shirts, but if you've seen one Hawaiian Shirt, you've seen them all!  

7 comments:

  1. Hawaiian shirts aren't something I've ever attempted to wear. I've decided that they are sort of like running t-shirts: you aren't entitled to wear it unless you finished the race. You, of course, have been to Hawaii and so are perfectly entitled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sort of like no cowboy boots if you've never been on a horse?
    After my birthday dinner, I was wondering if there was any Mexican Food in England. Pretty surprised to hear one of the commentators on the Olympics last night, saying where she goes for her favorite Mexican Food in London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Hawaiian shirts are fun. Life is too short not to have fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never worn a Hawaiian shirt, but who knows, if I ever go to Hawaii, maybe I'll wear one then! BTW, I visited a Goodwill Store this week and it was really depressing; didn't find a thing! Maybe I'll try another one in a different town. Plus, I'm sure the merchandise changes quickly. I won't give up...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbi - You are so right about the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sanda - There are some great Goodwills and some awful ones. I don't enjoy the Goodwill stores in Southern California. Too much work. But the ones in San Francisco are usually better. The Tulsa ones are very good, but I went to one in the college town of Stillwater, and thought it was icky. But found one wonderful silk Ann Taylor Fisherman Stripe top there. And nice woman's Hawaiian shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just wondering if you had heard from Catherine as I was an avid blog reader and was sad when it went down. Just wanted to know if she was ok!

    ReplyDelete