Friday, February 28, 2014

Did You Know That You Can Buy A Tiara From Walmart?

Everyone who knows me knows how much I like a good Tiara - well, this is not a good Tiara.  But it gets the point across and will be fine for Saint Patrick's Day.  Oh not for me, of course.  With a French mother and Czechoslovakian father I can't wear it, but my husband is half Irish, which means that my children have enough Irish blood to get away with such nonsense.  And Amanda looks very Irish with her pale skin and perfect almost black hair.  
Here she is with a good Tiara.  But my point, and I do have one, is that I'm sending this Irish Princess one to her.  And in April, John and I are planning a trip to Ireland.  And while we are on the subject of John, he sent me this picture from a golf tournament in either Phoenix or Las Vegas, which has a resident Falcon to control the snake population.  

  I can't be the only adult who loves the Despicable Me movies, especially the Minions - so how could I resist these piñatas?

13 comments:

  1. Well, I for one would love an Irish tiara - I'm off to a St Patricks day lunch on the 17th. Would't that cause a stir? I'd like to see that falcon control the snakes in Australia - they rather like birds for lunch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia - Have a great St Patrick's Day lunch - will it be Irish food? I still remember when one of your snakes got the Lorikeet, but this Falcon could probably hold its own against almost any snake.

      Delete
  2. I love tiaras, not sure about a big sparkly green one though! And you're visiting Ireland in April, such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay - You need a tiara to go with your sparkly shoes!

      Delete
    2. You're absolutely right Beryl!

      Delete
  3. Sweet and my fav color, green. You will LOVE Ireland. We went a few years ago and I want to go back again. Such a beautiful place. Have fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla - I'll bet there is a Walmart close by - but I got the last one at mine. Good to know you liked Ireland, since I think your taste is pretty good.

      Delete
  4. Funny, the contrast between the US and Britain with regard to Irish-ness. Given various people's experience with IRA bombs I don't tend to do much on St. Pat's day. The queen's visit to Ireland and her wearing green, speaking Gaelic, etc was practically earth-shaking over here. We had Irish friends, Liz & Gavin, who attended Newcastle Uni and they were very careful in certain crowds after dark as they felt at risk. All that serious stuff aside visiting Ireland is great fun, at least the Republic of Eire part. We went to L&G's wedding in Dublin about a decade ago and have been back a couple of times. That was the first place I drove on the left side of the road, neither Bill nor I will ever forget it! I've no experience of 'Nor-n R-land', but my ancesters hailed from Donegal I really must go sometime. When we do, Bill says he'll let me do all the talking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley - How quickly we forget what being Irish in England used to be like. Was driving on the left all the more scary because of the narrow roads? My main worry is changing back when we return to Oklahoma. How cool to have Irish ancestors! If you go in early April, let me know. I am really looking forward to the food.

      Delete
  5. I love the minions. I had one as my profile pic for a while on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yogi - I like people who don't let the lack of a toddler keep them from seeing the cartoons!

      Delete