Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy Wednesday - Yes, I Know This Is The Lamest Post Ever


It might be hard to read, but my car is warning me to "Drive With Care" because as the snowflake indicates there is "Ice Possible".  I knew I loved my car, but haven't properly appreciated how hard it works to take care of me.  Admittedly, the snow on the ground was enough warning to "Drive Carefully", but this little warning comes up when there is just that invisible ice.  The ice can end up looking like it has been pleated when there is enough wind.  (Grey picture is ice.)  My car also tells me when I am backing into stuff or if someone short has walked in back of use when I am in Reverse, and when there is a car in my blind spot.   

 Have you ever seen odder furniture?  Even that classic Red Lips Chair seems normal when compared with Camouflage Print Sofas and Chairs with the Duck Logo actually embroidered on.
And here (at Walmart) is the robe you'll want to be lounging in. 
 Christmas Cactus loves this weather - lots of blooms!
This tiny, but many years old cactus is loving it too, or maybe it is the little drink Umbrella brought back from Hawaii that is making it so happy?  They always make me happy!
And as usually I find myself able to resist the charms of an old movie star who is running out of money and reduced to trying to sell me something on TV - but this has to be the funniest.  Or is it just Ironic?  Here's Tommy Lee Jones who was Al Gore's roommate at Yale for Heaven's sake, and he is admonishing us for not having saved enough for our retirement.  A commercial he would never have had to do if he had saved enough for his! 

12 comments:

  1. Ha ha, such a fun, random post Beryl. Wonder what my car would do if confronted with ice and snow??? Probably just seize up and refuse to move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia - I am used to doing random stuff, but I was particularly scattered today as my son just told me he had proposed to his girlfriend and all I wanted to write about was that. I was pretty sure there were people who should hear it in person before reading it in the blog, so I just rambled away on other stuff.
      The worst part of driving in ice and snow is the other drivers who don't understand that you need to slow down - but keep moving. I would be totally happy to never encounter ice on the road again.

      Delete
  2. Stay warm! I wish we had Walmart here. I call that plant zygo cactus and I grow it in my garden. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FF - I was totally surprised not to find any Walmart's in Australia. But I would love to have Spotlights (I think that is the name) in Oklahoma or California.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Agree re TLJ and The Fugitive. Such a good actor - which is why it is so surprising that he is doing these commercials.

      Delete
  4. Well, you certainly managed to cover a wide range of topics! I do not miss the ice in Oklahoma. I sometimes regret that we don't get snow very often, but I can do without the ice (even the pleated kind). Bill's car gives all sorts of information, most of which I ignore. I learned how to drive a long time ago and somehow it all seems a bit unnecessary, but that's just me. My Christmas cacti are in full bloom just now, for a change, late for Christmas but I'm often tardy myself...that upholstery print is weird, almost as strange as our motor home upholstery. Never been a fan of camo - just not my colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley - Covered a lot of subjects to avoid mentioning the big one until everyone had been informed the old fashioned way. Just didn't want all the relatives and friends to find out my son was engaged by reading it on the Internet. I know what you mean about camo - but am pretty sure even if it was my colors, I would still not like it. But it could be stunning on a dark red haired person, now that you bring it up.

      Delete
  5. I never thought of the aging stars doing those kind of ads because they didn't plan for retirement. Probably right! My car doesn't talk to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sanda - Even if it doesn't talk to you, I'm sure your car cares. ;)

      Delete
  6. My car is not a "smart car" but it runs just fine. That furniture is truly ugly as is the robe. I can't figure out the whole love of camo. Maybe if someone wore the robe and sat in that chair they would be invisible though.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darla - All I can do is laugh at the thought of that invisible man in the camo robe in the camo chair!

      Delete