Saturday, October 1, 2011

Am I Just A Whimp? Or Is Zumba Really, Really Hard?

Zumba was torture set to music - great music to exercise to, though. But it was still better than watching the end of Oklahoma, the musical. I got to the point where they sang the Ohhhhhh Oklahoma! and then I was done. I didn't want to watch Rod Steiger do bad stuff, which was obviously coming. My husband got up this morning and told me that if I was planning on turning it back on to see the end, he would be at the dentist, since a root canal would be more fun. And yet he can watch John Wayne in the same old movies every day. That's what I get for marrying a straight man!
Oh, and I am going back to Zumba, but I will be looking for Silver Zumba, the Senior Edition.

3 comments:

  1. I tried Zumba once and thought it was hard. It didn't seem so, at first, because I'm so uncoordinated that I wasn't really exercising forcefully -- I was just trying to figure out what to do! But then my lower back hurt the next day (and this was BEFORE my back turned on me for good!) So you are not alone. I'll bet it gets better if you do it regularly, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Zumba! I'm curious about your husband's movie habits. My husband will watch the same movies over and over as well...and he can't understand why I'm not willing to watch with him. Once I've seen a film, I tend to be done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, I am so glad to have someone agree that Zumba is hard, but I'm really sorry about your back problems. You probably have to be careful doing absolutely everything.
    Terri, The film watching dynamics of your marriage are just like mine. And often it's a film that depends on a surprise factor (The Bourne ones, for example), and he doesn't get that I'm borderline annoyed when there are no surprises left.

    ReplyDelete