Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wouldn't You Rather Have A Baked Potato? Twice-Baked, Anyone?



I love Sweet Potato Fries. I imagine if they are combined with Mayonnaise (Nature's most perfect food), they would be fabulous! But if you are familiar with my luck with taking a simple photograph before I have eaten up the subject, when that subject is especially scrumptious, you will know that by the time I remember to bring out the Mayonnaise, I'm looking at an empty plate. But Sweet Potato Tots with Caramel Sauce? Nope! Didn't even open the sauce. Truthfully, I was not that impressed with the Sweet Potato Tots that Sonic is featuring currently.

Now I am under the impression that I love regular Tater Tots, but it's been so long since I've had one, I could be wrong. There is just no reason to use up my junk food allotment on them. If I'm planning on combining potatoes, fat, and excess salt, I'll have a heavily buttered baked potato with bacon, maybe even a Twice-Baked one. Since John is still in Boston, I'll have to do that for dinner. Or lunch, or breakfast. No rules apply when cooking for one!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love twice-baked potatoes! A full meal. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about these sweet potato tots...but on your recommendation I'm going to skip them. Couple of times a year, DH and I make like teenagers and go to Sonic for "boogers and snots"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanda - That homemade potato was good. I still need to make that Basil dresssing. And I have the leftover Bacon to crumble on the salad now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri - I go for their Hot Dogs and Milk Shakes! But like you, not that often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, sweet potato tots doesn't sound good to me at all. I like my sweet potatoes with loads of butter. And yes, I'd take a twice baked (or even just once) potato over that any day.

    ReplyDelete