Monday, August 1, 2011

Peach Cobbler, Again













I got my friend's Peach Cobbler Recipe that I mentioned previously. And I combined it with Serena's recipe, yesterday. I think that I now have a perfect Peach Cobbler recipe. Here is my Seattle friend's recipe which she jokes only serves "one", knowing her audience. (Me.)

2C fresh peaches, cut up, 1 3/4C sugar, 3/4 C flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2C milk, 1 cube butter. Combine peaches and 1 cup of sugar; bring to a boil. Set aside. Combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and milk for a batter. Melt butter in an 8 X 10 inch pan; pour in batter. Place fruit mixture on top of batter. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serena's Grandmother's Recipe: Melt one cube of butter in the pan, mix one cup each of sugar, flour, and milk and add to the pan, top with three cups fruit and cook at 350 for 20 minutes.

I combined 1/2 cup of sugar and 3 cups peaches, brought it to a boil, removed the peaches and boiled the liquid on low heat for 10 more minutes. Put the peaches in an 8" pan and pour the boiled liquid over the peaches. Then I combined 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 tsp baking powder. (I always use Rumford brand - it's different and I think it tastes better. When you use whole wheat flour, [King Arthur Brand, if you can find it] you can use twice as much so it raises better, but not get the metalic taste other brands can give.) I cut in 1/2 cup (one cube) cold butter into the flour mixture and then added 1/2 cup milk and dropped spoonfuls over the peaches. Baked at 350 for 30 minutes.

We ate all of the Whole Wheat version and John took the White Flour version to the office, where they had to suffer through eating it without Ice Cream.

PS: Miss Oklahoma's talent is Irish Step Dancing. She is from a town of about 800 people and one of them just happens to be an Irish Step Dance teacher. She is really good!

1 comment:

  1. I'm salivating so I'm going to make this recipe today
    !!

    ReplyDelete