Thursday, September 8, 2011

Why I Need A New Wardrobe

My husband can dress the same (making adjustments for comfort in different weather) and fit in almost anywhere. Women stick out like the proverbial sore thumb if they are over 600 miles from their home base. I think there are bigger differences longitudinally, than latitudinal, since the refraction of the light waves from the sun make a big difference in how we perceive color, specifically brightness. The closer we get to the equator, the brighter woman dress, but bring back that Guatemalan fabric to Seattle, and you will look freakish in it. Trying to wear my Seattle clothes in Tulsa is ridiculous. Except for jeans, which seem to be universal. Or at least that my excuse.

1 comment:

  1. You should feel comfortable in your jeans anywhere, but I know what you mean about taking items out of their context.

    ReplyDelete