Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Fun!









Anyone who knows me has already been introduced to my weakness for Christmas Movies. There must be thousands of them and the Hallmark Channel plays the biggest variety of them. Since I also have a life, there isn't enough time to watch them all. I still have two Holiday Potluck Lunches (and I found this great Egg Plate at the Goodwill for 25 cents, but someone else has already signed up for Deviled Eggs, so I am trying to think of what else fits nicely in an Egg Plate) and the company Christmas Party at Post Oak Lodge where we spend the night after the party in this huge lodge. As the perennial designated driver, this is my once yearly chance to enjoy a cocktail or two. And then the drive to Southern California to celebrate Christmas with my children. This year Nick is bringing Kelsey, which will definitely brighten an already wonderful time. I can hardly wait! Good Times!
But, back to the Christmas Movie dilemma - which ones can be cut from the lineup? Anything with Anne Heche goes on the no see list. (Why they keep making movies with her, I will never know.) Kristy Swanson (the original Buffy from the movie) is surprisingly good at the genre. If the description includes the term "heartwarming", use caution, because sometime those are just manipulative tear jerkers, with no redeeming social Christmas value. Still leaves a lot more to watch while putting together the Christmas Jigsaw Puzzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment