Saturday, July 9, 2011

Philbrook Museum and Fresh Okra



















Found more fresh Okra at a new farm stand, Ram County Stand, and it looks really good. Young and tender. Can't wait to try it, but I'm making Mexican Chicken Soup tonight and Okra is not a recommended ingredient. Six types of peppers (red jalapenos, green jalapenos, poblanos, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, and orange bell peppers), (OK, that's seven types of peppers), onion, cumin, pepper, can of diced tomatoes, and baked chicken thrown into a pot of chicken stock. Then, right before serving, cut the kernels off two fresh ears of corn and throw them in. Pretty good.

Went to the Philbrook Museum today. Interesting place. The Buckeye Burl Bowl was so unusual that I tool a picture. There was a piece called the Titanic (I think), that was a wedge of glass with few additions. Next time I visit, I'm going to join. Money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment