Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies

John is on a short business trip, so it's a perfect time to watch those Hallmark Channel Christmas movies that I DVR'ed to watch alone, since some of them are just too sentimental to watch with him. He watches and likes most of the Christmas movies that I do, but some of them are just over the top. Tonight I watched "Cancel Christmas", and sniffled and snuffled the whole way through. Hint - dogs and widow/widower plus wheel chairs and a pony. Oh my! I don't think I should even DVR "A Dog Named Christmas", which is described as "A man finds homes for dogs during the holidays". Not only is it a guaranteed bawl-fest, it would send John running to the pound to bring home a couple dogs. I am pretty sure he can wait until his birthday, April, to bring home some dogs, but it's a struggle. And it looks like they might have remade "Miracle on 34th Street" again and called it "A Case For Christmas" with Dean Cain. The original did need to be colorized, (not film noir - didn't need the shadows and lights to heighten the suspense), but that made it perfect. No need to remake!! Couldn't we all list at least 10 movies remakes that were better the first time? Three of them would be the "Miracle on 34th Street" ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment