Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Holiday Gingerbread From Starbucks!






It's finally here. I don't know what to call it when I try to ask when it is coming to the local Starbucks, since they have changed the name THREE times. Good Grief! Ginger Loaf, Ginger Slice, and now Holiday Gingerbread. Or at least I think that's what they were calling it. I was drooling so heavily that I had to bolt for the napkins in the midst of ordering. And, yes, I ordered more than one slice, or there wouldn't have been a picture. And I had to order more than one slice just in case the great gingerbread drought of Ought 9 (the year when Starbucks RAN OUT of Ginger Slices at the beginning of December - the year when I didn't get a single piece), should reappear. This stuff is Heaven and very Christmasy. It is a ginger flavored quick bread with chopped candied ginger and a cream cheese frosting with candied orange peel sprinkled on top. And, yes, I know I could duplicate it in my own kitchen, but I should never have a full batch of it in the house at once. It has to be bought piece by piece and consumed in the same fashion. I really tried to send off tiny loaves of the stuff to my family along with the Springerlie and Spritz and Chex Mix. And Family, don't feel bad if you didn't get a loaf, because unlike the Peppermint Bark, which I only sent to the ones of you that I really like, no one got any of the Gingerbread with Cream Cheese Frosting.

2 comments:

  1. LOL Oh my gosh! We just came in from Starbucks about 15 minutes ago and my husband had gotten us a slice to have with coffee! A-MAY-ZING!!! That's some GOOD stuff!! I laughed out loud when I read your post! Holiday hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty neat now that you don't have to drive 40 minutes to a Starbucks. I forgot to mention that Starbucks decided not to do their Peppermint Brownies this year. Thank goodness my Gingerbread survived the cut!

    ReplyDelete